Pages

9/25/11

Jumping Lesson!

Ok well the last post didn't work...The letters went on the wrong lines..Oh well..

On Saturday I had my first jumping lesson! It was sooo fun! I rode a green borke mare (Green broke means that she's just starting to accept tack and riders and pretty much may or may not listen. I get the project horse!) I'm really proud of my riding becaus my instructor only lets me ride her, and I'm the only person other than her who ever rides Harley, so that means I'm improving a lot. I did my jumping lesson western, and it was awesome. I didn't jump high since it was my first time, but it was still really fun! The jump was about 6 inches off of the ground, but the first time I went over it, Harley was such a huge over-achiever! She jumped SOOOO high! My mom didn't get a picture of it, though :( After my 3 hour lesson, we decided to go out on the trails. It was me and two of my friends and my friend's mom, and it was super fun. We went to the "racetrack" and ran! Harley, my little green broke project, doesn't respond to "whoa", so we had a little trouble with the stop, but otherwise it was amazing! One of my friends who was riding Stitch, couldn't get her to listen. She tried to collect her, but instead Stitch backed up into Harley's bubble. Harley did NOT like that, so she kicked Stitch :/ Poor Stitch:( But she was ok.
A while after that, Harley decided she didn't like squirrels. She saw one run up a tree and freaked out. She started bucking and kicking and rearing and somehow I stayed on. I have no idea how, but I'm pretty proud of myself:)
Well, pics tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment